Product image requirements for Amazon
Every product on Amazon needs one or more product images. The primary image of your product is called the “MAIN”. The MAIN image displays for a product in the search results and browses pages, and is the first image that customers see on product detail pages.
Images are very important to customers, so quality matters. Choose images that are clear, easy to understand, information-rich and attractively presented.
General image standards:
- Images must accurately represent the product and only show the product that is for sale.
- The product and all its features must be clearly visible.
- MAIN images should have a pure white background (pure white blends in with the Amazon search and product detail pages – RGB colour values of 255, 255, 255).
- MAIN images must be professional photographs of the actual product (graphics, illustrations, mock-ups or placeholders are not allowed). They must not show excluded accessories; props that might confuse the customer; text that is not part of the product; or logos, watermarks or inset images.
- Images must match the product title.
- Images should be 1,000 pixels or larger in either height or width. This minimum size requirement enables the zoom function on the website. Zoom has been proven to enhance sales. The smallest that your file can be is 500 pixels on its longest side.
- Images must not exceed 10,000 pixels on the longest side.
- Amazon accepts JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif) or GIF (.gif) file formats, but JPEG is preferred.
- Our servers do not support animated gifs.
- Images must not contain nudity or be sexually suggestive.
Prohibited for MAIN image standards in all product categories:
- Product images should not include any Amazon logos or trademarks, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to Amazon’s logos and trademarks. This includes, but is not limited to, any words or logos with the terms AMAZON, PRIME, ALEXA or the Amazon Smile design.
- Product images should not include any badges used on Amazon, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to such badges. This includes, but is not limited to, “Amazon’s Choice”, “Premium Choice,”, “Amazon Alexa,”, and “Works with Amazon Alexa “,” Best Seller or Top Seller. Refer to trademark usage guidelines for more details.
- Nudity or sexually suggestive images.
- Images of kids and baby underwear or swimwear that have been photographed on a model.
- Product images should not be Blurry, pixelated or have jagged edges.
- The product that occupies less than 85% of the frame on limiting dimension of the longest side.
Amazon Allow user to upload maximum 9 Images that Contains one main image, 4 infographic images and 4 lifestyle images. Some images can be used for both purposes means we can design or add images that contain info-graphic and lifestyle.
Examples of info-graphic images are given below
Examples of Lifestyle images are given below
Examples of Lifestyle plus info-graphic images are given below
Amazon Site Standards for Product Images:
- The image must be of, or pertain to, the product being sold.
- The image must be in focus, professionally lit and photographed or scanned, with realistic colour, and smooth edges.
- Other products or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of the product.
- The product and props should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- Cropped or close-up images are allowed.
- Backgrounds and environments are allowed.
- Text and demonstrative graphics are allowed.
- Pornographic and offensive materials are not allowed.